Digital signage is a brand new media concept, which refers to public places where large shopping malls, supermarkets, hotel lobbies, restaurants, cinemas and others converge, and publish business, finance and entertainment through large-screen terminal display devices. Information multimedia professional audio-visual system.
Its purpose is to broadcast advertising information to a specific group of people in a specific physical place and a specific time period, so that it has the effect of advertising.
In foreign countries, some people put it alongside paper media, radio, television, and the Internet, calling it the “fifth media.”
With the continuous development of modern technology, the application of digital display technology will be everywhere. Digital signage relies on the integration of network and multimedia technologies to release and process information in the form of media, and interact with customer feedback in a timely manner. It has been widely used in finance, telecommunications, hospitals, stores, supermarkets, hotels, public places and other fields.
The system adopts advanced design concepts and open interfaces, which can integrate a variety of applications.
The digital signage system can count and record the playing time, number of times and playing range of multimedia content. It can also realize more powerful interactive functions while playing, which brings opportunities for the creation of new media.
1. Foolish program editing interface. Operators can use editing and publishing software to publish various text, icons, animations, videos, audio information and other digital information anytime, anywhere without special training, and integrate them into a “digital sign” for advertising. The form is released.
2. Convenient maintenance. The system automatically plays, no special management operation is required. Even if the terminal player is accidentally powered off, the system will automatically replay when the power is turned on again, without human operation.
3. Powerful multi-layer mixing function, supporting mainstream formats such as composite video, component video, HDTV high-definition video, and realizing mixed display in multiple ways such as arbitrary opening of windows, transparent overlay, special effects flipping, and scrolling text.
4. Use a variety of media expression methods (video, audio, pictures, animation), called narrowcasting system.
5. A dynamic advertisement that allows continuous changes in content with each passing day.
6. It is similar to TV advertisements and advertisements on webpages, but it is highly targeted, flexible and changeable in form and content on demand. Therefore, it can borrow existing various production tools (such as: web page production, VCD production, FLASH production, etc.) mixed use.
7. It is a new technology produced by the fusion of network technology, multimedia broadcasting technology, software component development and integration technology. It is a user-oriented production technology, that is, users can easily learn to make various signs by themselves.
8. This is a rapidly developing technology, and it is becoming mature, including technology, the market and the structure of the industry will soon become mature.
The digital signage system is composed of five parts: control terminal, management terminal, network platform, playback terminal and display terminal.
1. Authority management. Different users have different rights to use and control terminal display devices.
2. Element (media content) management. Through this function, users can add, modify, and delete elements.
3. Download or streaming media management. Through this function, users can add, modify, delete media files or streaming media download or real-time playback.
4. Playlist management. Through this function, users can customize the play time sequence of media and schedule play and so on.
5. Play terminal management. Through this function, users can manage the playback, stop, pause, volume adjustment, IP address, timing switch time, video layout or other media playback layout of the network advertising machine terminal, etc., and it should be dynamically changeable.
6. The status of the playback terminal is displayed. It should be possible to know the playback status, disk information, playback sequence, download status, etc. of the playback terminal (network advertising player) online.
Digital signage system
With the popularity of digital signage, plasma, LCD and other flat-panel display devices, and the development of network streaming media technology, the system architecture has undergone several generations of changes. Initially it was composed of a display screen and a DVD player or a PC, and then the network With the introduction of technology, dedicated network media players have replaced the traditional pure DVD or PC playback form, with richer functions and more diverse applications. Therefore, some people put it in parallel with paper media, radio, television, and the Internet, and call it the “fifth media”, which has the function of disseminating information to specific groups of people at specific times and locations.
The multimedia information release system integrates the diversity and vividness of multimedia video information, realizes the remote centralized management of information release and updates the content at any time, so that the audience can receive the freshest kinds of information in the first time. The digital media information release system will become an important carrier of information construction. Not only can it provide timely, comprehensive, high-quality, and efficient information services and a new cultural atmosphere, it can also greatly enhance the overall image of the environment, which is also an inevitable trend of modern architecture.
It has unique distributed area management technology, which truly realizes the communication mode of different terminals in the same system to distinguish audiences. Through this system, users can easily build a centralized, networked, specialized, intelligent, and segmented multimedia information publishing system, which provides powerful professional services such as information editing, transmission, publishing, and management.
In response to customers’ business needs, the design ideas are forward-looking, expansive, advanced, and practical, and a centralized control and unified management method is adopted to combine various media files such as pictures, slides, animations, audio, video, and rolling subtitles. The multimedia program is transmitted to the digital media controller through the network, and then the digital media controller performs orderly playback and control on the corresponding display device according to the control rules, and inserts all kinds of real-time information such as news, pictures, emergency notifications, etc. at any time , To deliver the latest information to the audience in the first time. The digital media information release system is a more advanced information release system developed on the basis of the multimedia information release system.
The system adopts centralized control management and automatic broadcast solutions, with distributed structure, open interface, human-computer interaction and good scalability; at the same time, the system has powerful functions, friendly operation interface, easy installation and easy maintenance. The digital media information publishing system is based on a network architecture, integrating program editing, program transmission and publishing, business interactive query, information guidance, and centralized control management. It can also interact with bank query systems, real-time exchange rate quotation systems, automatic real-time weather forecast information, The perfect combination of real-time stock information, financial real-time data system, touch query system, queuing system, OA office system, attendance system, enterprise training system, industrial control system, real-time database, etc.
The display devices supported by the system include LCD screens, TVs, plasma screens, dual-color LEDs, full-color LEDs, rear projections, and touch screens.
1. Content is the most important: No matter how advanced the technology is, digital signage will not succeed if the content is bad. The content should be clear and concise. Of course, if a customer sees an advertisement for Charmin tissues while at McDonald’s and other Big Macs, this is also a failure.
2. The content must be lively: try to make the viewer remember the relevant content, so as not to forget it.
3. Location: If the location of the screen is not noticeable (for example, hanging in the air at a height of 12 feet), then people will not look at it.
4. Information update: The key to the success of a small-scale broadcast network is to deliver the right information to the right people at the right time. If you only replace DVD discs every month, then you are going in the opposite direction. Similarly, if you can’t simply update the price of a product item through the Internet within 15 minutes, it means that there is a problem with the digital signage platform.
5. Closed-loop system is very important: If you can’t prove the operation of advertising, then you won’t get big benefits from your digital signage. Therefore, it is necessary to pay attention not only to the broadcasting of advertisements, but also to the effects of advertisements, forming a virtuous closed loop system.
6. Don’t rely on manual updates: people always make mistakes. Therefore, the network should be used to remotely update the system. Don’t just loop the DVD. To use the Internet to continuously update the content.
7. Oriented employees are still a powerful sales tool: Although most people always pay attention to the display screen first, employees who have a subconscious willingness to communicate will have a great impact on the promotion of the brand and the company’s image. We have to realize this, because the advertising board time is limited after all.
8. Proper sales: At the beginning of the article, we mentioned that the advertisements of the merchants were blocked by users. They are looking for new places to advertise. And your store also has products of these merchant brands. So you can form a new cooperative relationship with them and make special promotions for their products in your network. This effect will be better, and the cost is lower than traditional advertising.
9. Don’t go against the PC industry: use industry standard equipment. Few MPEG players will not match the PC.
10. Plan ahead: Choose a suitable control system and make sure that the system can be continuously upgraded and updated to meet the needs of continuous business expansion in the future, without having to replace the system as a whole every time it is expanded.
11. Network security is more important. The system can ensure the security of the media network. In each link of data transmission, from the network administrator to the player, different software and hardware technologies are used for encryption to ensure the maximum security of the system. Comprehensive security guarantees to avoid hackers and illegal intrusions, giving you peace of mind.
1. Advanced technology: The key technology has passed. 1. The interface representation of media signage and the information transmission communication protocol have international standards XML (that is, Extensible Markup Language) and Web Service communication standards, so that various display media can be accepted. The programming software only needs to meet the display system interface, which is simpler than the DVD device.
The production system needs to provide various tools and media information libraries such as media graphics, images, sound, and interface templates. The technical focus is how to use existing tools to integrate a platform for the development of teaching signs, and it has easy-to-learn and easy-to-use fool-style production functions. The effective structure of this platform is: development production platform = general platform + special tools + field Media Library.
2. Reasonable price: The price of equipment is generally affordable by users. Since the transmission media includes optical cables, coaxial cables, Category 5 cables, wireless communications, and routers, the prices are very cheap and convenient. In particular, the growing user market has promoted the rapid development of “digital signage”.
3. Huge market demand: In the information age, the development of media signage is “unlimited”. The emergence and development of various digital media technologies, especially the popularization of flat display devices, has promoted the widespread application of digital media publishing systems.
It can be seen from the above that the three major conditions for the development of digital signage have basically been able to meet the requirements of the public, but we cannot meet the status quo. If we want to go further on the road of digital signage, we must develop more advanced technology, more reasonable prices, and larger size. Market demand.
Digital signage provides various application systems and solutions through the combination of streaming media servers and various set-top boxes. All systems can run various multimedia information systems based on the corporate network or the Internet as a network platform, and support all mainstream media information. It allows enterprises, large institutions, operators or chain institutions to build multimedia information systems based on the network. Users provide high-quality multimedia information services.
The main solutions are as follows:
1. Digital notices for government and corporate buildings
The system is a set of multimedia information publishing system established by government agencies or large enterprises by installing display screens and broadcasting terminals in prominent positions in office buildings to release corporate internal information and external publicity images. Establish a platform for cultural promotion and a window for brand demonstration.
2. Digital notice on bank private network
The system is a set of multimedia information publishing system established by using the bank’s internal proprietary network platform to replace the previous LED electronic displays by installing LCD screens and playback terminals in major business halls. The main functions are as follows: Financial information Real-time release, such as interest rates, foreign exchange rates, funds, bonds, gold, financial news, etc. Financial knowledge, electronic financial management, banking business introduction. For staff training, the training content can be distributed to each broadcasting point in advance, and training can be arranged flexibly according to branches, sub-branches or business halls. The bank’s internal or external advertising platform, a new value-added service carrier. Promote corporate culture and enhance brand image.
3. Digital signage in the medical industry
The system is mainly a set of multimedia information publishing system established by using the enterprise network platform inside the hospital by installing large screens and playback terminals in prominent locations. The specific application analysis is as follows: disease knowledge, health care common sense propaganda, carried out in different departments , Such as describing the details of the daily life of patients with diabetes and heart disease. Special outpatient clinics and departments are introduced to increase visibility and facilitate patients to seek medical treatment. Authoritative doctors and experts introduce it to facilitate the targeted diagnosis of patients according to their needs and shorten the time for consultation. Propaganda of new medicines, therapies and new medical instruments and equipment, to facilitate patients to understand medical trends, facilitate patients to see a doctor, and improve the economic benefits of the hospital. Emergency, real-time information or notice interruption, registration and emergency information release, improve work efficiency. Medical navigation, display the electronic map of the hospital, which is convenient for patient consultation and treatment. Provide remote centralized training for hospital staff, and conduct business or other learning anytime, anywhere. Broadcasting of image propaganda films and product advertisements, shaping the brand image of the hospital. Promote the concept of healthy life, advocate good living habits, and achieve the role of public welfare propaganda. Scenery movies or other programs that are beneficial to patients are broadcast to regulate the emotions of patients and create a good atmosphere for medical treatment.
4. Digital notice of business hall
Business halls usually refer to business outlets with large scale, large number, and wide distribution. For example, China Unicom Mobile and other large operators are distributed across the country. They mainly focus on customer service and payment. The multimedia information operation system of the business hall includes Image publicity such as internal information release, training, and sales promotion services, and external public advertising operations.
5. Digital signage of chain institutions
For chain institutions such as supermarket chains, pharmacies, cosmetics, housing agencies, restaurants and other large chain institutions, the establishment of this system can not only publish advertisements, but also realize the sharing of internal information, business training, and the release of promotional information. A window platform for operation.
6. Hotel multimedia digital signage
The hotel’s multimedia information system includes the VOD on-demand system of hotel rooms and the hotel’s public area hotel information release and query system. For example, the introduction of hotel catering, entertainment, conference and other service items, through the establishment of an information release platform, while improving the quality of service, reminding the hotel’s brand and image, etc.
7. Elevator multimedia digital signage
This elevator multimedia information publishing system is different from ordinary elevator advertising machines. The system integrates the digital information or voice information of the elevator up and down into the multimedia publishing system, and displays the elevator up or down on the display terminal while publishing multimedia advertisements. of.
8. Digital notices of large-scale exhibition centers and competition venues
This system usually uses the existing large screens or newly-built screens of large exhibition centers or competition venues as the terminal for displaying multimedia information. Through this system, the live events of competitions or large-scale events or the release of relevant real-time information can be broadcast live.
9. Community digital signage
Community property information is mostly information that seems trivial but is closely related to daily life. In addition to various charge notifications and organization arrangements for community activities, it also includes various service introduction information. The traditional information release mode is to print the information into a leaflet and send it to every household or post it in corridors, elevator entrances, community information columns and other places. This approach is a huge waste of resources. At the same time, delays are often caused by the negligence of the residents, which greatly reduces the information arrival rate and low dissemination efficiency.
The tide of informatization has swept every corner of society, and also aroused people’s higher requirements for housing. Digital and informatized communities will be the inevitable trend in the construction of residential quarters, which can greatly improve the management efficiency of property work. It also means timely, comprehensive and rich information reports, high-quality and efficient information services, and a new community cultural atmosphere. .
10. Digital signage in the transportation industry
Such as airports, railway stations, bus stations, buses, subways and other services such as the release and operation of multi-media information about flight information, car navigation and so on.
The traffic digital signage system is an important part of the highway traffic safety guarantee system. It is an effective means for traffic managers to issue instructions or provide information to road users in a timely manner to ensure driving safety. In the event of severe weather or traffic accidents and other special circumstances that may affect the normal operation of the expressway, traffic managers must promptly release relevant information through variable information boards, variable speed limit signs and other equipment to cooperate with the implementation of traffic control measures . The main function of the traffic digital signage system is to assist in regulating the traffic flow on the main trunk line, and to participate in traffic management and dispatch. Common traffic information release systems are generally composed of fixed signs, variable information boards, variable speed limit signs, wireless broadcast stations, and roadside cable broadcasts.
my country’s traffic digital signage system has experienced a long period of development. However, due to various reasons, the main information release system of expressways-variable information boards and variable speed limit signs are not only relatively small in number and relatively single in function, but also have some unreasonable layouts. To a certain extent, a waste of resources has been formed, and it has also brought great inconvenience to the traffic management of expressways. By making some targeted improvements to the traffic information release system, we can give full play to the role of the expressway monitoring system’s “clair and wind ear”, so that it can better serve the majority of drivers and passengers.
11. Shopping malls or retail stores
Such as supermarkets, clothing stores, mobile phone stores, etc. Digital signage in stores has developed well in various regions. Many large and even small shopping malls have chosen to support digital signage in stores. For the rapidly developing Shanghai, the competitiveness of digital signage in stores is not small. Product quality and technology research and development are both important. Rising at different speeds.
12. Airport digital signage
The passenger information system is a system that relies on multimedia network technology, takes computer systems as the core, and provides information services to passengers through the media of stations and on-board display terminals. Under normal circumstances, the passenger information system provides real-time dynamic multimedia such as instructions, service hours, train arrival and departure time, train schedules, manager announcements, government announcements, travel reference, stock information, media news, live events, advertisements, etc. Information; provide dynamic emergency evacuation prompts in abnormal situations such as fires, obstructions and terrorist attacks. The on-board equipment receives and processes the wirelessly transmitted information for real-time audio and video playback on the train compartment LCD display. To enable passengers to take the rail transit safely and conveniently through the correct service information guidance.
13. Factory digital notice
The factory digital signage system is based on a network platform and is a professional “fifth media” broadcasting system. Its unique distributed area management technology truly realizes the communication mode of different terminals in the unified system to distinguish audiences. Through this system, users can easily build a centralized, professional, intelligent, and segmented enterprise-level network TV station, providing powerful information editing, transmission, publishing and management and other professional media services. The system can realize the combined playback of various digital signage information, realize centralized control and remote management, and realize the interruption of timely information such as news and notifications. At the same time, its unique universal streaming service system also supports video live broadcast and video on demand, and the images and pictures are all up to Excellent high-definition quality is a new way to create a good working environment, efficiently release information and make information cover more employees.
The factory digital signage system can not only realize the combined playback of multimedia resources, provide employees with a humanized working environment and a relaxing entertainment and rest space, but also broadcast the internal information of the company in various areas or regional branches within the company to build a reasonable and legal The company’s proprietary network TV station and employee remote training platform build an effective communication and publicity bridge between the company and its subsidiaries, and between the company and its employees.
14. Building digital notice
The building multimedia information publishing system is designed for the information dissemination needs of office buildings. It is forward-looking, expandable, advanced, and practical. It adopts centralized control and unified management to pass multimedia information such as video and audio signals, pictures, and rolling captions. The network platform is transmitted to the display terminal and broadcasted with high-definition digital signals, which can effectively cover building lobbies, meeting rooms, offices, meeting areas, elevators, passages and other crowded places. For real-time information such as news, announcements, weather forecasts, service information, live broadcast programs, etc., it can be released immediately, and the freshest information can be delivered to the audience at the first time. According to different regions and audience groups, hierarchical and zoning management can be achieved. Release information in a targeted manner.
15. School digital signage
Image construction and display In addition to the strength of hardware facilities, schools need to show more energy and image of soft power. Through the school’s multimedia information publishing system, it can be like an open window to allow more people to see the whole picture of the school, such as: The history of the school, the history of the development of various departments, celebrities, introductions to key disciplines, introductions to national key laboratories, visits by leaders, etc. Many information showing the school’s style can be promoted in real time at the entrance of the main building, prominent public areas, etc. Display, let the school freshmen and the visiting social group know more about the school. There is a large amount of information that needs to be transmitted within the school, such as knowledge, teaching information, curriculum information, and teaching management information. The school information publishing system can display different content on different occasions, facing different audiences, and at different times. Facing students of different grades, display the content of curriculum arrangement information, advanced deeds, student selection, teaching results, emergency notices, famous sayings, etc., to achieve targeted information transmission. Facing faculty and staff, release management information, conference information, selection of excellent teachers, work dynamics, and daily life information.
16. Cinema digital signage
(1) Film information transmission
The movie industry is developing rapidly. Movies in theaters are updated faster and faster. DVDs are usually used to play promotional films, premieres, etc., which can no longer satisfy today’s theaters. In this case, digital signage independent research and development of theater multimedia The information release system will make up for this deficiency.
(2) Guide to the screening room
The release terminal at the entrance of the projection hall is mainly used for guidance. Guests can intuitively and quickly find the specific location of the movie they are watching through the information release system. The display device releases conference guidance information, which is not only convenient and quick to edit content, but also has a beautiful interface, which not only saves many troubles such as printing and placement of traditional conference water cards, but also improves the aesthetics and overall grade. And according to the specific needs of customers, the name, introduction, and leading actor of the film can be displayed on the display screen at the entrance of the projection hall.
(3) Theater information and ticket price introduction
The traditional price introduction is mainly to hang an electronic screen behind the front desk to display the ticket price and the number of the theater, but this does not meet the high requirements of consumers. The multimedia information publishing system can play pictures, videos, texts, etc. at the same time, allowing consumers to see theater introductions, discounts, fare information, and seating conditions while waiting in line, so that consumers do not buy tickets. Everything is well understood.
17. KTV digital signage
Every KTV has many places where LCD TVs or monitors are used to broadcast KTV promotions, promotional discounts and public information.
In order to facilitate the management of client playback equipment, unified control of playback content and playback time, enhance the image of KTV, facilitate customers who come to sing, and deliver important social information, a convenient, easy-to-use, well-maintained, stable, and reliable Multimedia information publishing system.
18. Restaurant digital signage
It is the most difficult time to wait for the waiter to serve you when I go to a restaurant on holidays. Restaurants generally need to hire a lot of waiters, but there are two common phenomena: first, even if there are many waiters, when there are many customers, there will always be situations where no one will come forward to serve you, and second, if the business is relatively high When it’s light, the waiter has nothing to do. In the face of this dilemma, the best solution is to use an ordering system. There are not too many waiters. As long as the dishes are selected on the display, the menu will be sent to the kitchen. After it’s done, someone will deliver it to the guest’s table. Guests can operate on it if they have any needs. This kind of restaurant digital signage system can save customers ordering time, increase the fullness of customers, and also allow customers to order more dishes, which brings huge economic benefits.